Friday, April 30, 2010

So Much to Say, So Little Time to Say IT

For the previous two weeks I had scant access to the Internet, nor could I write off-line without offending someone in the family for ignoring them.

This week I'm back home, I have my usual Internet but . . . like what always happens when I've been gone . . . I come back to an incredible amount of work. I hang on barely with 10 hour days, coming home to total exhaustion. Once home, I can only muster up enough mental strength to watch a couple of brainless sitcoms before retiring. I've even had to put my Tale of Two Cities down.

I did read a USA Today the other day. It contained another survey showing that the millennium generation isn't going to church, considers themselves spiritual but not religious and even those who say they are Christians, don't go to church or etc.

Then I read an article by Mark Driscoll, who is touted as the Evangelical answer to the masses of youth leaving the church.

But this is the same Mark Driscoll that says that Avatar and Harry Potter are Satanic. So I see his solutions are re-arranging of the deck chairs on the Titanic. There needs to be a total rethinking by the Church if there is any hope. I wish I could say more by my first patient just showed up.

No comments: