Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Mike's "Perfect Church" -- Part V - Foundations



I've try to lay the foundation that the purpose of the Church, is for the believer's good, and not as a mechanism for earning God's pleasure.

With that said, I then ask (without trying to sound so self-centered) what do I, or any Christian need, emotionally, spiritually, intellectually and socially?

I omitted one other important purpose of the Church, and that is the Church as God's gift to the world (including the non-Christian world). As in Genesis 18:18 "Abraham will surely become a great and powerful nation, and all nations on earth will be blessed through him." The Church, as the grafted-in new Israel, is God's mode of blessing to the entire world. Mike's perfect church should reflect that blessing.

My ideal Church should be a source of all these things . . . . more to come.

No comments: